Our Standards of Ethical Conduct
We believe in the validity and the application of the Golden Rule and pledge our efforts to the pursuit of this standard in all of our personal and professional relationships.
1. We pledge ourselves to attend to the preparation, care and disposition of deceased human bodies with compassion and understanding, having due regard and respect for the reverent care of the human body, to those bereaved and the overall spiritual dignity of man.
2. We pledge ourselves to serve any deserving family in time of need, regardless of monetary consideration.
3. We will observe the laws governing the practice of funeral directing and abide by the codes of ethics of our professional association to the end that funeral service and this firm shall merit and receive the confidence of the public.
4. We will adhere to high standards of character, integrity and responsibility; we will make no false representations; we will be truthful in our dealings with the public and within the profession.
5. We pledge to respect all faiths, creeds and customs, and to be responsive to the needs of those we are called upon to serve.
6. We acknowledge our fiduciary relationship to the families that we serve and pledge to hold their confidences inviolate.
7. Our charges, which are commensurate with services rendered, are based on our known costs of operations and shall be set forth in such a manner that the public may know what is included in such charges.
8. At the time that funeral arrangements are made, we will furnish each family with a complete and clear explanation of the charges for the services provided and merchandise selected, together with an itemization of monies to be advanced as an accommodation to the family and the agreed-upon method for the payment of the account.
9. We will maintain and provide to the public complete facilities and equipment, including a highly competent and well-qualified staff.
10. We recognize the fact that funeral service is a practice affecting the public health, safety and welfare; funeral directors are called upon to serve their fellow man during one of the most trying periods human beings can experience. We pledge ourselves to the pursuit of our continuing education to the end that those who look to us may be well-served.
11. We will provide the public with full information pertaining to all aspects of funeral service, and we will cooperate with all others with whom we share caretaking responsibilities as we develop facts, research and knowledge which will better enable us to meet the needs of those who mourn.